Essential Grid multiple filter dropdown not working

Hello!
I have been trying to implement the multiple filtering capability with the Essential Grid.
So far it does not seem to be working as it shows duplicate options in the filter and only one dropdown (there should be 3) even though the right “layout option” is chosen.

For what it’s worth - a very similar configuration is working fine on The Grid plugin.

Hey @web2020,

Thanks for reaching out!

It is hard to us to determine the issue without seeing the actual page, would you mind sharing the Page URL? It is also advisable to provide the admin credential so that we can check your Essential Grid settings properly. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hey @web2020,

Thanks for providing all your details but for some reason the given credential is not working, please double-check and update it with the correct one.

Thank you.

Oh ok! Thanks for letting me know.
Here’s the updated login information:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the credentials, but we can not check the Essential Grid like this, it always keeps us logout.

In the meantime, please reset your categories on the source first and then reset the filter.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please elaborate on what do you mean by " we can not check the Essential Grid like this, it always keeps us logout." ?

As you suggested - I have reset the source categories and the filter, but it still didn’t work.

I have also tried to test only one dropdown filter, which also doesn’t work - the dropdown filter has the two options as it’s supposed to but there should be a total of only two posts displayed under those categories (one post per category), it is currently showing 8 of them (so 6 additional posts that shouldn’t be there).

Any idea why that could be happening and how to fix it?

Best,
Ineta

Hi Ineta

When checking categories, or the Essential Grid settings, or just navigating around the site sometimes the site all of a sudden send us back to the login page and require us to log in again, it always happens even if I check the “remember me” in the login form.

Anyways, I’m able to check your grid (test-resource-IP) and you actually selected 8 categories in the source, those were the categories that are showing on your filter options (), but since you only check two (Blog & Case Study) those where the only one showing on the filter dropdown. You should unselect the other 6 categories on the source so it will only show posts from Blog & Case Study.

Cheers,

Hello,

Thank you for your help! I apologize for the issue with being logged out continuously. I will send new login information as soon as I can.

In the meantime, I have selected 8 categories because I would like the grid to have 4 dropdown filters with the appropriate categories under each (hence the 8 different categories selected in the source and only 2 under Content Type filter).
I am not sure how I’m supposed to have other filters with the rest of the categories if I only check Blog & Case Study in the source, like you suggested.

Any idea how I could have 4 filters with their own separate categories?

Best,
Ineta

Hey @web2020,

I moved Friech’s screenshot link in the secure note.

There’s currently an issue with Essential Grid that it cannot have multiple filters without the filters getting jumbled. You’ll see what I mean below.

To see the issue, you need to add additional filters with its own category, click the PLUS icon at the bottom of the Filter Groups setup. You then drag the new Filter module to the Controls area in the Navigation Positions. All that is under Nav-Filter-Sort tab.

I’ll post screenshots publicly this time as they might help teach other users how to set up multiple different filters and see the current issue with the Essential Grid filter.

Because of the said known issue, I’d recommend you only set up 1 filter showing all categories inline.

The resulting look would be like below.

If you don’t want the look, please try out The Grid. I see you already have installed it.

I deactivated all plugin by the way except Cornerstone and Essential Grid so I won’t be logged out of your site. Please check what plugin is causing that log out issue and please kindly deactivate all 3rd party plugins beforehand next time before we go and troubleshoot an issue with the products we provide next time.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for confirming that there is an issue with the plugin and not the way I have set up the filtering settings. Any idea if the issue will be resolved anytime soon?

The resulting look is not what I need, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Best,

Hi Ineta,

Unfortunately, we have no update about that issue since Essential Grid is a 3rd party plugin.

Thank you for understanding,

Hey Ineta,

Regarding the third-party plugins, we already mentioned that we cannot continue investigating if we keep getting logged out. It’s not possible for me to provide an answer if I haven’t deactivated all plugins. Deactivating all 3rd party plugin is a standard troubleshooting procedure which users should already do beforehand. I could not investigate what specific plugin is causing us to be logged out as we do not provide 3rd party plugin support.

Also, we cannot schedule our support because we have many other customers to attend to as well that’s why I previously asked that next time, plugins should be deactivated beforehand.

I hope you understand my action.

Hello Themeco Team,

Thank you for all your efforts. Even though the issue was not resolved, I appreciate your support and suggestions.

Regarding the scheduling of testing - I understand your actions, I am just kindly asking to give a heads up next time if possible.

Take care!

Hi Ineta,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.