Essential Grid Multi filter bug

Hello There,

since last update, the essential grid plugin stopped working properly.
The filters are not clickable anymore, see the exemple here :

It was fine before the last updates.
Current status :
PRO : 4.3.3
WP : 5.8
EG : 3.0.12

thank you very much !!

Hello @Thaelys,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that there is some JS console error, it might be due to plugin conflict of JS customization just because the filter might be not working properly. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This is a bug in the javascript code: Uncaught ReferenceError: filter is not defined.
This means that filter variable was not introduced properly.
It can be patched by adding the line before its use.
var filter = “”;
This resolves the bug and the filter buttons work again.

all this is to be changed in the …/wp-content/plugins/essential-grid/public/assets/js/esg.min.js file.

Hi @bart1,

Glad that you are able to find the solution and share it with others.

Thanks

Hello There,

Thank you for the answers.
I have run more tests and it seems that it is the “deep linking” option that is causing the troubles. I have experienced this to other websites aswell with a similar configuration.

What can i do in order to get back to a normal set up ? Do you still need my credentials ?

Best regards

Hi @Thaelys,

The issue you are pointing to is already reported to our issue tracker so this issue will be queued for fixing by the Plugin development team.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.