Essential Grid Loading Time Page Weight

When you have a grid set to load more via “More Button” option and you run a speed test the page weight only calculates the grid elements (posts, images, etc.) that are loaded but when you have a grid set to load more via “Infinite Scroll” the page weight calculates the entire grid even though only a few elements are loaded. I’ve noticed that “The Grid” plugin by Theme One only calculates page weight of visible elements when using “Infinite Scroll” so I know it’s possible - how can I implement this with Essential Grid?

Long story short - I want the page weight of a grid when using “Infinite Scroll” to only calculate the loaded/visible elements, how do I make this happen?

Hi there,

This is not a request which we can do anything about as we are not the developers of the Essential Grids plugin and we do not have access and permission to change their codebase.

But as we bundled this plugin to our theme we will be in contact with them to report this and ask them to make the Grid more efficient regarding the infinite scroll functionality.

Thank you for your understanding.