Essential Grid iPad landscape mode hover over problems

I am trying to have Essential Grid working both on laptop and iPad. Its designed to have hover over effect on desktop and static for mobile and tablet. I made two different rev slides for this purpose and set visibility for different devices. My tablet is iPad classic. When I use iPad in landscape mode, then it shows grid designed for laptop, but its shows correctly in portrait mode. Is there any way to go around this problem?

Thank you

Oleg

Hi there,

Unfortunately, you do not have a way to tell if the device is touch enabled or not in plugins such as Essential Grids. You only have the option of the browser viewport which is calculating the width of the browser.

Nowadays the devices are kinda mixed regarding the size and the fact that they are touch enabled. For example the Microsoft Surface some models go to 2000 pixels and acts as a desktop.

To be able to detect if a device is a touch-enabled or not you need to add a library such as the Modernizr then you need to custom code the feature you want.

Anyway, that is not an option available for Essential Grids. I suggest that you change the hover behavior and use the static mode if the ipad users in landscape mode are important for you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.