Essential Grid fatal error on Home page

Hi Grace,

You can see the custom CSS added that removes the border under Misc > Custom Gallery CSS tab on your gallery.

I’m not sure what is the connection between the Layout and the Enable Lazy Loading option, you might need to ask that to Envira Gallery tech. I think it’s also best to keep the Lazy loading enable for site performance purposes.

Thanks,

Hi friech. I was in conversation with him but I think it could have been his day off today because he didn’t reply. Hopefully, I will hear from him tomorrow.

I went into the global CSS to find out the code for the border so I added 1px solid #000000 instead of the none and it works now!

By the way, which layout do you like the grid layout on the Home pg or on the Mason layout on the test page? Just having the grid set up isn’t as dynamic as the Mason layout but I wish that I could expand some of the horizontal images.

For example, I the Investors Report in the top left image in blue is really 300px x 600px wide but because I think the parameters have to be set for the width, I can’t make it 600px wide correct? I want some images bigger and others smaller to add a dynamic element to the page. Is there another layout I can use where I get the horizontal images wider rather than the vertical images longer? I have a few images that would look better as 2 columns wide.

What I didn’t like about the Automatic layout is that the images changed sizes when I resized the window so the resolution changed. That’s why it had to be one of the other layouts.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Grace,

Personally, I like the even (square) layout it’s not hard to look at, I don’t mind if it’s cropped a bit because I can click it and the lightbox shows the full image.

I understand what you mean, In Essential Grid that features is called Cobbles, however, Envira Gallery does not have that feature, its is a limitation Envira Gallery.

If you need more control over the grid layout you might want to consider the Grid element, its not dynamic though so you need to put your images manually.

Thanks,

Ok thanks. What do you mean about Grid element not being dynamic? It’s responsive isn’t it meaning it works well on mobile. So is that The Grid plugin or is it an option within Pro. I think you’re referring to the option within Pro correct? I will read the link later this evening.

Hello Grace,

My colleague @Friech is talking about the grid element. It is not dynamic which means that the grid items will not be dynamically generated. You will have to manually set up the images and the grid items.

I also have explained before that the grid element is different from TheGrid plugin.

Best Regards.

So it won’t work on mobile? I have to generate the images separately for mobile and desktop ruenel?

Hi Grace,

Being dynamic is different from being responsive. The grid element is responsive and has a responsive column layout option. That means, you can have 4 columns on desktop screens and maybe 2 or just 1 column grid on smaller screens.

Hope this makes sense.

Ah ok ruenel thanks. So in other words just like what I did to the Technology2 page where there was 1 image. I will have to apply the border manually as well.

I have one more question. What is the difference between using the Grid element and columns? I used columns for the Technology2 page. Should I have used the Grid element and would this have worked better?

I will try it out and start a new thread on Grid element if I have any questions. I have read about half of the information in the link and will continue tomorrow. Will try it out then on Home Test Pg3.

Hello Grace,

Yes, it is best that you create a new thread where we talk about the Grid element and the row/columns elements. That would be nice to start afresh and to prevent any confusion and getting off-topic.

We will reply to your new thread anytime soon.

Thanks ruenel I will start a new thread. I am having issues with the grid element. Will explain in that Grid element versus Columns + Rows thread.

You’re welcome Grace!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.