Essential Grid Fails to Load on Hover

I’m using Essential Grid on an X5 website i’m developing, and i’ve found that if the mouse is hovering over any of the Essential Grid items on page load, that grid item’s animation fails to load.

This was something i’d submitted on a previous site a couple months ago when Themeco was in the email phase of support (pre-Apex), and was told it was a known issue. Is this something that’s been fixed in a newer version of Essential Grid, but not the current version implemented into X, or an issue that needs fixing by ThemePunch?

Any update would be appreciated!

Best,
Andrew

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and I only saw the grid in the Judges page. I could not replicate the issue and that the grid on that page is working fine. Unless otherwise this is not the page with the grid in question. Could you please give further clarifications?

Thanks.

It seems like it’s only an issue in Firefox - if you visit that judges page, hover your cursor over one of the grid items, and re-load the page, you’ll see that the name in the bottom left corner fails to load. This same thing occurs on another X website I designed, with a different Essential Grid skin. If you visit this portfolio page in Firefox, hovering over any of the grid items while the page loads will cause the title layer to fail to load:

https://www.jessicaalaw.com/portfolio/

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. This could just be an issue with the skin you are using.

Please keep in mind that the effect is using jQuery and it needs to initialize to have the moving effect. If you hover it and then it fails to initialize then the logical result will not display the title. If you hover away from any of the items and reload the page, the title displays properly.

Hope this explains it briefly.