Essential Grid Excerpt

I am trying to use the Essential Grid excerpt feature on one of my grids but it doesn’t work for any cornerstone content. If I just type something in the default page text editor it works fine but if it is from cornerstone it shows up in the grid as

{{base64content “” }}

Is it something that can fixed or are they just not compatible?

Hi @EricDF94,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure what causing either and this may require testing and troubleshooting. Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note? I can’t check the versions either as your site is being a parking or coming soon page.

For the meantime, please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. If you’re using a caching plugin, clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugin and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

7. Contact your host to increase your allocated memory or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Thanks.

Info in note

Hello @EricDF94,

Thanks for updating the tread. :slight_smile:

I tested the Home grid and added into one of the pages using Cornerstone element. I checked the source of the Grid and then inspected the source code of those post and can see that they are created using Cornerstone builder. Upon adding the Essential Grid element I can see the excerpt in front end. I am sharing the screenshot, please take a look.

As you are facing the issue, can you please let us know how we can replicate the problem on our end? Perhaps soe screenshots or screencasts.

Thanks.

So on my homepage I have the gird called home added through the classic essential grid ellement and this is what it shows for me, I tried on both Chrome and IE

Hello There,

I have checked the homepage and I can confirmed that {{base64content "" }}. This usually happens to the posts created in Cornerstone because the post does not have an excerpt. And auto excerpt is generated from the first 55 words of the post content. When the post contents is wrapped with shortcodes such as the cornerstone formatting shortcodes, no excerpts will be generated. To get around this, you will need to supply a manual excerpts to the posts created in Cornerstone. Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content that can be used in your theme. Learn more about manual excerpts.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

This looks like it will do the trick. Thanks for the help!

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.