Essential Grid Excerpt doesn't work

Hey Themeco Team,

I have a Problem with my Essential Grid. I’ve created a grid for our news/blog overview. In this overview i have insert the excerpt. In all posts it works great. But in my new post of christmas, the excerpt won’t loaded. There is only this placeholder: {{yield}}. Do you have an idea how I can fix this?

Thank you so much!

Hey @ELLERdruck,

Please remove the video element from your post to check if that is causing the issue. It is not recommended to get or use Cornerstone to display in the excerpt though because it was meant to be displayed in the content. You should use Manual Excerpt.

Thanks.

Hey thanks for your answer. Ive tried, but it doesn’t work.
And I’ve a manual excerpt for this post. You have another idea?

I tested Essential Grid in my test site to double check its function and it gets the manual excerpt. Would you mind giving us admin level access so we could check your backend setup?

Thanks.

Oh – of course!
I’ve changed the account settings to an admin. Thank you!

Hi there,

The excerpt in Cornerstone is a little bit complicated matter. Due to the complex nature of the new elements in Cornerstone, it is not possible to have simple text for the excerpt. That is why you should go to the post and click on the screen Options at the top right section of the screen and enable the excerpt. Then a box is available for you to add whatever you like.

I did that and added TEST TEST as a sample and the result is correct. I encourage you to do the same for all the posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.