Essential Grid Error Cant Edit Skins

I am unable to edit skins in the essential grid. When I go to the skin editor and click on “cover, spaces, etc” nothing happens. The console is showing the attached error. I even spun up a completely fresh install of Wordpress with the Essential Grid as the only installed plugin and still have this issue. Using Chrome and safari (latest) on a mac (latest) with everything up to date.

I am getting the same … and I have multiple sites that use Ess Grid and the same thing happened as soon as it went to 3.014 … 3.0.13 is still fine … so for the sites that I could catch I turned off automatic updating of this plugin to keep it at 3.0.13.

In my case, I don’t even see the Save, Refresh buttons at the top right etc in the Skin Editor.

The Ess Grid Builder seems fine though… and the grids are still working, you just can’t edit skids which is totally annoying… (My way around it was to edit the skin in another website and then export it / import into the site that’s being buggy … but this is not ideal and not a viable option for someone with only one website!

I keep looking out Themeco to pick this up and see an Ess Grid update but no luck so far.

Themeco:

1. Are Theme Punch aware of this bug so they can fix it asap?
  2. If it is NOT going to be fixed soon, can you please provide us a link to Ess Grid 3.0.13 so that we can do a manual install of that version while we wait for them to fix the bug?

Many thanks

Hi @Kyle

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked it in my local environment by installing the said version of the Essential Grid, but the editor skin is just working fine. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue ** if you have activated it.
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Hi @kirk74,

Please troubleshoot the above points, and if that does not help please create a separate thread and share the credentials for further investigation.

Thanks

I added my credentials to the secret note. All other plugins and child themes are disabled

Hi Kyle,

Please provide us with the sign-in credentials to access your staging rea. I am referring to this one:

Thank you.

Added, sorry

Hello Kyle,

Please click on the “Teardrop” icon.

I have logged in and I was able to edit one of your skins in the Skin Editor.

Check the screenshot in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Yes, I am able to get to this screen, but when you try and click on “cover” or “shadow” etc nothing happens.

Hi Kyle,

I have checked your website and found the issue you described. But unfortunately, using the same version can’t replicate the issue in my local environment. I have changed the theme and activated the Twenty Twenty One and the issue still persists, it seems that the problem might be with your site only. I would suggest you contact your Hosting Service provider and check if they can help you on this or not, and let us know the feedback from them.

Thanks

Hi there, just chipping in that I’m having the same problem.

Cannot change settings in Item Skin Editor, no save icon, the same JS error: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘settings’) Grids still load and function on frontend.

I’ve tried disabling all other plugins, updating WP core, using WP 2022 theme, deleting Essential Grid directory and re-installing.

If anyone discovers a fix or workaround I’d be eager to learn what it is.

Thanks a million

Hi @gabesthablade,

It is something weird is happening but is not related to the Pro or X. We also tested it in a different location with the X and Pro and found it is working fine. Still, we are testing it and will let the Plugin Author know if anything is found.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.