Essential grid disappeared

Hi,

Essential grid no longer shows on the front end of our site. It’s been loading perfectly for some time, and although I’ve removed some plugins from the site in recent weeks, nothing has been added. I’ve tried adding the shortcode into a Classic Raw Element instead of using the Classic Essential Grid element, and then changing the Essential Grid Global settings to “ON” on JS To Footer option, as suggested elsewhere.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance for your help! I will add login details.

Hi @boera,

Thanks for reaching out!

I check your website but I can’t find the page URL where your essential grid is available, would you mind sharing the exact URL? On the other hand, the credential you provided is not an administrator, I suggest that you provide us an administrator account.

Cheers!

Apologies! Page is https://framexec.com/welcome/resources/
You should now have administrator priveliges.
Thank you for looking into it.

Hi @boera,

Thanks for providing the page URL! I went ahead and check it then I was able to replicate the issue. That being said, I log in to your website and just clear the cache then it is now showing properly on the frontend.

Hope that helps.

Brilliant, thank you for your help!

Hello @boera,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any more concerns.

Thanks

Hi, apologies for reopening. The page is now blank again, following updating the plugin this morning. I have cleared the cache and tried Chrome incognito, but no luck. Any idea why this is happening and how to prevent it?

I also can’t get the category pages to load - not sure if this is related? (example: https://framexec.com/category/interviews-with-industry-leaders/)

Thanks for your help!

Hello @boera,

I checked your given page URL, it seems that there is some JS console error. It might be the issue of JS customization or plugin conflict issue. Please have a look at the given screenshot in the secure note.

I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Disabling Cache
  7. Disabling Cdn
  8. Permalinks
  9. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for responding. I have gone through the troubleshooting above, and changing the theme did resolve the issue with blog posts loading. I couldn’t find any plugin conflicts, or CSS/JS issues. The cache has been purged as well.

Just to recap, we have two (hopefully related) problems:

Blog posts are not loading on category pages: https://framexec.com/category/interviews-with-industry-leaders/) - they are loading on the looper on our home page, however.

Essential grid is not loading - https://framexec.com/welcome/resources/ - Essential grid loads, albeit slowly, when I am logged in to the site.

I will work on creating a staging site, though not sure how to do this!

Thank you for your help!
Beate

1 Like

Hi @boera,

I have checked both pages and found the issue you are describing here. But unfortunately, I am not able to investigate it further as the previously given credentials do not allow me to login into the Admin Dashboard. I would suggest you re-share the login credentials for further investigation.

NOTE: Please check once by deactivating the Autoptimize plugin, if that resolves your issue.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for responding. It seems creating the staging site also created an issue with the SSL certificate, so we now need that fixing first. The hosting company is working on that, and I will reset access & check Autoptimize once that is resolved.

I’ll let you know, and thank you for your help!

Hi @boera,

Please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks

Hi,

We’ve now resolved the SSL/hosting issues, but the hosting company is unable to create a staging site, unfortunately. Essential Grid is now loading again, but blog posts are still not loading on the category pages (example: https://framexec.com/category/research-insights-industry-news/market-updates/). I’ve tried disabling Autoptimize, and gone through the other trouble-shooting steps, but no luck. Would you be able to have a look for me? I’ll add login details in a secure note.

Thank you in advance!
Beate

Hello @boera,

I have investigated your site and I found out that you have added this code in the footer.php file:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// FOOTER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// The site footer.
// =============================================================================

?>
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
	setTimeout(function () {
	$(function() {
    var top = $('.ja-form').offset().top - parseFloat($('.ja-form').css('marginTop').replace(/auto/, 0));
    var footTop = $('footer').offset().top - parseFloat($('footer').css('marginTop').replace(/auto/, 0));

var maxY = footTop - $('.ja-form').outerHeight();

$(window).scroll(function(evt) {
        var y = $(this).scrollTop();
        if (y > top) {

//Quand scroll, ajoute une classe ".fixed" et supprime le Css existant 
            if (y < maxY) {
                $('.ja-form').addClass('fixed').removeAttr('style');
            } else {

//Quand la sidebar arrive au footer, supprime la classe "fixed" précèdement ajouté
                $('.ja-form').removeClass('fixed').css({
                    position: 'absolute',
                    top: (maxY - top) + 'px'
                });
            }
        } else {
            $('.ja-form').removeClass('fixed');
        }
    });
});
}, 2500);
</script>
<style type="text/css">
#ja-jobs-widget .ja-job-search {
	padding: 10px 0;
}
#ja-jobs-widget .ja-job-search .ja-form.fixed {
	position: fixed;
	top: 130px;
}
footer{
	z-index: 0;
}
@media (max-width: 991px){
#ja-jobs-widget .ja-job-search .ja-form.fixed {
	position: relative;
	top: 0;
}
}
</style>
<?php
do_action( 'tco_footer' );

Please remove this line: <script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script> because it overrides the default jQuery loaded by WordPress.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you, that’s worked a treat!

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.

Hi @boera,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.