Essential Grid custom links in Post-Based Grid

Hi,

I created a post-based grid in EG, linking all grid items to their appropriate post. I have 5 items in the grid that I want to assign a custom link for these only. I created a custom meta field, but I can’t find a way to assign only for those 5 items a link from the custom meta field.

It seems that either all the grid needs to be converted to be based on custom-links or none. Can’t assign custom links only to some items.

Is there a solution?

Thanks
Maurice

Hi there,

I also checked the Essential Grids documentation in details and it seems you can not do both at the same time and you need to have the one or other.

For more information kindly read this article:

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/grid-item-links/#custom-links

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for checking @christopher.amirian

I rebuilt the whole grid as custom links, huge overhead but it does what I need.

Now however I have another requirement which I am not sure how to accomplish:
I created filters for my grid and I would like to show some of the items only when a specific filter is applied. These shouldn’t even show when “All” (or no filter) is applied, only on a specific filter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for your assistance!

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! You can make use of a combine filters. Please check out the documentation about how you can have multiple filters or multiple group filters from this article:
https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/category-filters/#custom-grid-filters

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.