Essential Grid Cover Link stopped working

I know that there is a similar posting about this error but unfortunately none of the answers can help.

Problem is like the others that after updating Essential Grid the link on cover has stopped working. I can see it in the inspector and it appears as a link but noting happens. See this:

https://www.stryhnsleverpostej.dk/produktoversigt/

I can get the title to work and the cat-list to work with links , but I what the cover to have the link so that the customer can link anywhere on the blue cover to get to the post.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Best regards Iben

• WordPress Admin username / password is sent in private note

Hello @Divaweb,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that something is blocking the link, it might be the issue of plugin conflict or JS/CSS customization. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

OR
You can try by settings the different skin or for the quick fix you can use this custom CSS code under X—>Theme Option —>CSS

.esg-entry-cover .esg-overlay, .eec {
pointer-events: none;
}

The purpose of providing custom CSS is to show you how to add CSS code to your site. Writing custom CSS is outside the scope of our theme support. If you need more customization, you need to learn CSS and learn how to use the browser’s element inspector.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

My hotfix was to add the following the EsGrid Global CSS editor:

.eg-invisiblebutton { box-shadow: none !important; height: 100% !important; width: 100% !important; display: block; position: absolute; z-index: 9; }

It’s not pretty but it works. But this is a bug, for sure, since it suddenly popped up on sites that have had zero issues for the past 2 years.

Hi @skndal,

Thanks for the Quick Fix, it seems working. But there might be something else that is the actual reason behind the issue. I would suggest following the instruction given by my colleague in his previous post to recognize the problem.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.