Error when loading website

Hi! My website (www.pen-inabox.com) was working fine until today, as I started getting the following error message when I try to access the website:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/davidiljc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-facebook-likebox/includes/easy-custom-facebook-feed-widget.php:3) in /home1/davidiljc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 60

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/davidiljc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-facebook-likebox/includes/easy-custom-facebook-feed-widget.php:3) in /home1/davidiljc/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1210

I have never added any custom code, so I am not sure why this error is happening… I hope you could help! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Hey There,

It looks like the error is caused by WP Super Cache and/or easy-facebook-likebox. I would recommend deactivating both of them and see if that resolves the issue. If you can’t access the plugin backend you can log into FTP and go into /wp-content/plugins/ and rename the two plugins which will auto-deactivate them.

Hi Rubin!

Thanks so much! I appreciate your response :slight_smile: I tried to log in to my website through /wp-admin but the browser displays the same error message, so I am not sure where I have to go to deactivate the plugins… Thanks so much for the help!

Hi There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials(by clicking on the Secure Note button at the bottom) so we can take a closer look? To do this, you can make a post with the following info:

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Please disable the debug mode first. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

For example:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should no longer be seeing the message.

Please let us know how it goes.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Hi!
I just provided the login information through a secure note. In addition, I am not sure how to access wp-config.php so I cannot disable the debug mode… Thanks!

Hi There,

I’m sorry but you need FTP credentials to access the wp-config.php file on your server. You can get FTP credentials from your hosting provider. Usually it should be the same credentials that you’re using to login into your web hosting control panel.

Thanks!