Error when I try to edit anything

Hello,
When I try to edit anything using Cornerstone on my site (pages, global blocks, theme options, etc.), I get this error message:

“The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or customizations introducing a PHP error.”

I went through the steps here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues and none of them helped.

Thanks!

Hey Kathy,

Thanks for reaching out!

The given credentials are not working for us, please double check and update it with the correct ones.

Cheers!

Hi Kathy,

There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

We tried troubleshooting these issues originally. I’ll send another secure note with access to our site on a staging server. Thank you.

Hi Kathy,

Please let us know once the staging server is ready to access.

Thanks

It is ready. Yesterday, I added login credentials in the secure note attached to my original message.

Hello Kathy,

Thanks for updating in! Which page did you encounter the issue on? Please provide us with the URL of the page. Meanwhile, I have checked some of the pages and it is loading the builder on my end. Kindly check the secure note below.

I also noticed that you are using a legacy child theme. Please switch to the parent theme and test the site again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thank you for looking into it. I am not able to edit the home page, the theme options or any of my global blocks even when I switch to the parent theme.

Hi Kathy,

I have checked your Home Page and found the issue you described. It seems that there might some security settings or a firewall is blocking the response. I would suggest you deactivate the firewall or security settings temporarily and check if that resolves your problem.

Thanks

Our security plugins are deactivated and there’s no change.

Hi Katty,

The staging area is not accessible anymore on my end when I do the testing and I suspect that your homepage is corrupted that’s why it is showing that error. That being said, I suggest that you follow my suggestion below.

• Save your homepage content as a template
  • Create a new page then load the save template
  • You can see that the content is loading fine in the editor
  • Set the newly created page as your new homepage

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you for that suggestion. It did not work. I was able to edit the page until I set it as my Front Page. I am also still not able to edit any of my Global Blocks or any of my theme options. I get the same error message for all, “The preview could not load due to the iframe response being incomplete. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or customizations introducing a PHP error.” Please help, this has been dragging for a long time.

Hello Kathy,

I checked the website and found out that an error 401 is thrown:

This must be the case of the mod_security settings on your hosting service provider.

Kindly contact your hosting service provider and ask them to either turn off the mod_security rules for your website or exclude the Page Builder URLs from their security rules.

That will fix the problem. For more information regarding the mod_security rules kindly read the article below:

Hope it helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.