Error type E_ERROR in pro theme

Wordfence found an error in the pro theme, see following error message:

WordPress-Version 6.0.2
Aktives Theme: Pro – Child Theme (Version 1.0.0)
Aktuelles Plugin: (Version )
PHP-Version 8.0.20

Fehler-Details

Ein Fehler vom Typ E_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 243 der Datei …/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/admin/meta-boxes.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: Uncaught TypeError: in_array(): Argument #2 ($haystack) must be of type array, string given in …/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/admin/meta-boxes.php:243
Stack trace:
#0 …/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/legacy/functions/admin/meta-boxes.php(243): in_array(7, ‘All Categories’)
#1 …/wp-admin/includes/template.php(1401): x_create_meta_box(Object(WP_Post), Array)
#2 …/wp-admin/edit-form-advanced.php(688): do_meta_boxes(Object(WP_Screen), ‘normal’, Object(WP_Post))
#3 …/wp-admin/post.php(206): require
#4 {main}
thrown

Can you please help? The site and everything works, but an error is an error.

Thanks,
Elisabeth

Hello Elisabeth,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility issue I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider to downgrade the server PHP version to 7.4 or 7.4+ as per our version compatibility page.

It is also recommended by WordPress as well. Please have a look at this article.
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello and thank you for your quick response!

Is PHP 7.4 still safe? It reaches EOL and will stop receiving security updates as of November 28, 2022. When will you switch to PHP 8.0? If I downgrade to PHP 7.4 now, will I be able to easily upgrade to 8.0 then?

Kind regards,
Elisabeth

Hello Elisabeth,

I would recommend that your server or other WordPress setting need to be the same as per our version compatibility page to avoid the incompatible issue. Yes, you can upgrade to PHP 8.0 easily when WordPress and theme support PHP 8.0 properly. Please note server setups vary though so it is strongly recommended that website owners have a backup of their sites so that they have something to revert to if something goes wrong. It’s also best to test the update in a staging copy of your site.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.