Error Message When Accessing Builders

We installed Pro to a brand new instance of WordPress on a staging server we control and all the builders worked great!

Last week we made this instance our public-facing website (https://cyan.com/) and today when I went to enter the Layout Builder I get the message:

“The preview could not load due to misconfigured URLs. This could happen if you are using multiple environments and the site URL was not updated after migrating.”

Our site displays correctly on the frontend… I just can’t edit or change anything within Cornerstone.

I’ve verified that the site address and the WP address are the same in General Settings.

Wondering where to go from here…

Thanks for your help!

~Jeff

Hello @JeffL,

Thanks for writing in!

Please go to Settings > General and make sure that the Site Address and WordPress Address is using the same https setting like your WordPress Dashboard URL.

If this is not helping, we would love to check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Updated initial message with secure note. Please let me know if there’s any additional information you need.

Best,

~Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I have checked your website and found the Page Builder is loading the page properly. I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

As recommended, I’ve cleared all the caches and tried it in incognito/private mode, while the Page Builder does load correctly- the Header Builder, Footer Builder, and Layout Builder all still give us the error message (attached image).

Untitled-9

Hi @444media,

Please check if there is any other custom CSS added into the Page CSS, Global CSS, Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS or anywhere else. Please let us know if you faced the same issue even after removing the custom CSS.

Thanks

Looks like this comment might have been meant for someone else (@444media?), but just in case, no we are not using any custom CSS anywhere on our site.

OK… Looks like we got it sorted on our end. Solution turned out to be simpler than I’d feared it would be…

For future reference should someone else run into this problem here’s what I did:

1. Opened a layout that was throwing the error message.
  2. Select the “Preview” button.
  3. Chose a new URL to display
  4. Save.
  5. Ta da! All better! :smile:

Hello Jeff,

Glad that you were able to find the solution for your issue and thanks for sharing the solutions.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.