Error message - "Preview unresponsive..."

Error message
“The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.”

Hello. I’m having the above issue when trying to edit the homepage on http://stonehavenpaddleboarding.co.uk/

  • This is what I’ve tried so far:
  • Switched from child to parent theme
  • Deactivated all plugins
  • Installed and ran W3 Total Cache
  • Deleted all cache
  • Duplicating the post
  • Added the following to WP.CONFIG
  • define(‘WP_CACHE’, true);
  • Checked the following in WP.CONFIG
  • define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
  • define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

I’m also now getting an 'Uh oh! The preview HTML did not include a closing tag. It may fail to load or work properly" which I think is an effect of running the W3 Total Cache plugin maybe?

Any ideas? Thank you.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Looks like I need to check it first since you already did the troubleshooting. Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hi there,

Could you try it again? It’s now loading on my end. I added this line in your child theme’s functions.php

add_filter( 'w3tc_can_print_comment', '__return_false' );

I also fixed your permalink setting, it causes the same error.

Thanks.

Fantastic - huge thanks for fixing and apologies for the delayed response.

1 Like

Glad everything is working now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.