Error: Cant redeclare Cornerstone.../utility/plugin-base.php on line 6 (after update from X to Pro)

Hi there,

I have updated and moved my site to Pro. However I am unable to activate the “Cornerstone” Plugin and Yoast SEO is not functioning when trying to view/edit a page. I think the two issues may be related. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Further details in the secret note.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

You don’t need to activate your cornerstone, you may also delete it. Pro theme has built-in page builder and it’s the cornerstone.

As for Yoast SEO, what specific issue you’re getting? Would you mind providing some instructions on how I can reproduce this issue?

Thanks!

I can not change/set or edit title tags or meta descriptions with yoast. I have emptied the cache and also reinstalled the plugin. Visually it looks like a conflict with X. I can post a screenshot but if you head over to the edit page link I provided in the previous note you will likely immediately see what I mean.

Hi there,

There is known conflict between Yoast SEO and Cornerstone.

Is this the same error that you are seeing in your setup? If so, this has been added in our issue tracker which will be considered in the future update.

Thank you.

No. I can’t even edit the SEO elements of my site (which does impact SEO) through yoast. I can not access any fields to edit the title tag/meta discription for example.

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I see some JS errors.

Please try testing a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Hope it helps.

Thanks @thai.

I have deactivated all plugins except yoast. Unfortunately the problem persists.

Hi There,

It seems the error is coming from the core WordPress file, did you update/change something on the server side before this issue happened? Would you mind re-installing the Yoast SEO plugin, and see if that resolve the issue? If not, please reinstall your WordPress by following the Manual Update guide provided here. Make sure to keep a backup of your entire site first.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.