Error: A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading

Getting that error (site-wide) when I attempt to launch Cornerstone/Content. Resolving that is my priority at the mo. However, there are some strange things happening on the homepage that also need ironing out…

Some of the content (on the homepage) has gone nuts! Some text and buttons have been kinda blanked out. It’s there, but you can only tell if you highlight in the (seemingly empty) area after “About GK Strategy”. Same goes for the white section further down, too. If you hover, the buttons kinda reveal themselves. Also (on the homepage), there is a thin white line above the nav that doesn’t exist anywhere else on the site. And finally, the GK logo in the top left has gone grey for some reason. It should look the same (on the homepage) as it does on the rest of the site.

gkstrategy.com

Thanks in advance

Hi there @WeAreSmarticle,

Thanks for writing in!

I’ve checked your site and the issue is Cloudflare, the rocket loader is preventing Cornerstone from loading.

Make sure that X/Cornerstone are disabled/whitelisted in Cloudflare, or disable the Rocket Loader entirely, then ensure that the auto minification of JS/CSS is disabled in Cloudflare also.

I believe that after doing that and clearing the AutoOptimize cache everything should then work correctly.

Thanks!

Just wanted to say that this worked perfect for me! Almost a week trying to figure out what the problem was and disabling rocket loader in Cloudflare solved this problem. Awesome! =)

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

What the!?!?! I thought I’d responded to this. Whoops! Bad form on my part, @Jack. Sorry, mate. But, thank you for looking into this for me. Very much appreciated. Better late than never, huh? :thinking: Rocket Loader now disabled. I also deactivated a bunch of plugins (based on Alexei’s guidance), and Cornerstone is working fine now. However, the half-broken homepage stayed half-broken. So I’ve replaced it with a new page and assigned that to the Front Page. Next step is to reactivate plugins one-by-one. I’ll be sure to comment if one of them causes grief. Although knowing me, I’ll be about a week late in doing so. :grimacing:

Ha! No problem @WeAreSmarticle, hopefully everything goes well! And if for some crazy reason it doesn’t, you know we’re here to help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am getting this same error message - howllo.com on my blog page
I cannot edit cornerstone content as I can with other pages ,is this normal?

thanks in advance!

Hey @howllo,

Thanks for updating this thread. I have checked your site and it seems that you are using CloudFlare. Please apply the suggested settings from this link: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Please test your site again. Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.