Error 500 when activating theme x

Hey there,

as soon as I activate the theme x i get error 500 all over my page.

I tried to reupload via ftp the theme x - didnt help
I deactivated plugins - didnt help
I created a new htaccess - didnt help
I deactivated all plugins didnt help.

I am a bit lost now, could you please assist?

thanks

Hey @maik282,

Thanks for reaching out!

If we try to activate the X theme then it throws an error, it is hard for us to determine the issue without enabling the WP_DEBUG and we don’t have access to FTP. I suggest activating the X theme and then enabling the WP_DEBUG using the file manager or FTP. Here’s how:

In that way, we can track the issue. Also, if you can provide FTP access that would be great.

Hope that helps.

thanks for the reply here is the ftp:
i also added the wp-debug

Hello @maik282,

I tried to access the files using the FTP but the given FTP details are not working. Please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

I think the server is wrong on your side

Hey @maik282,

It is still not working. Please see the secure note below.

Thanks.

how can i upload a secure picture so I can show mine

Did it work?

Hello @maik282,

Still does not work for me.

• See the secure note below.

In the meantime, if you can access the FTP, kindly remove the X theme and Cornerstone plugin so we can check your WP dashboard.

Thanks.

ok, did it.

User is sill wrong see secure note

Hey @maik282,

The old X theme and Cornerstone plugin have been deleted. The latest versions are uploaded and you should be able to view the homepage now. You just need to assign your blog index or the Posts Page in Settings > Readling:

Check your site now.

thanks, but now all pages lead to a 404 error? i think there is something wrong with cornerstone

Hi @maik282,

I have checked your website and found that the 404 page is coming. There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Permalink

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we can troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: Please check by deactivating the Polylang plugin once, that might be the cause of your problem.
Thanks

i was able to resolve it but the pages are shown now false. YOu need to scoll down an eternity to see content but when editing with cornerstone it looks normal - how can this be?

Hi @maik282,

I am unsure of what you mean by “You need to scroll down an eternity to see content but when editing with Cornerstone it looks normal - how can this be?

Would you mind sharing more information?

Thank you.

when you go on any subpage ebside the main page the content appears not wher eit should, you need to scrfoll down an eternity.

Hello @maik282,

I checked your site it seems that there is an issue with the child theme, I would suggest you please deactivate the child theme activate the X theme, and then recheck it. Please note we don’t provide customized child theme support. It is out of the support scope. If you need child theme customization support, consult a developer or subscribe to One where customization questions are answered.

Thanks for understanding

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.