Equal image height in two columns

Hello,

I am using Lightroom to export all my photos. The have either landscape or portrait orientation. The width is always 960px.
I would like to have two images portrait+landscape side by side.
I need them to have same height.

I tried this in css, but it would stretch the images, so the proportions are not right:

.equal-height {
max-height: 425px;
}

What would be the solution on page to display them nicely side by side?
This page is not published yet, but here is my homepage: https://idophotographydungarvan.ie

Thanks for your help,
Pawel

Hi There,

I would go for our ADDON The Grid, and use a Post > Media as a source.

Please check what you can achieve.

https://theme-one.com/the-grid/justified-sofia/

Check also the other skin templates

Hope it helps!

Hi, thank you for your reply.
The Grid is not good here, as I just need two specific photos side by side, then few single photos below and again just two specific photos from the gallery.
It needs to be easy to pick them from the media, not leaving editing the post and setting up another grid for every post.

What are the other options?

Hi,

Since they are not of the same size it will resize diffenrently.

The best way would be to put them together side by side using an image editor like photoshop.

That way it will resize as one.

Thanks

I know, but I tried to avoid it as its extra work and time. It would be great to have an extension solving this issue.

Hello There,

We certainly appreciate the feedback! This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

By the way, you may also try Jetpack’s Tiled Galleries. You can check it out here:

Thanks!

Thank you!

You’re most welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.