Envira & Soliloquy Gallery Issues

Both Envira and Soliloquy seem to be affected similarly.

This started by trying to add a gallery to a page created in cornerstone. Envira Gallery would show twice, once as desired, then a second set at full size. Turned off all lazy loading we could find. Didn’t help.
Simply adding the short code to a raw element crashed the entire page eventually. Removing the shortcode didn’t help. Then the site would crash. Forced to remove the entire section.

Once stable checked for updates. Updated everything, including X theme and plugins. Problems persisted. Began deactivating plugins finding the goto problem conflict, jetpack, as usual, and the new conflict Smush.

Plug in Conflicts:

1. Smush
  2. Jet Pack
    Deactivated both plugins. We really need to use Jet Pack due to galleries created with Jetpack. Both these plugins seem to crash quite frequently when used together.
    Jetpack image speed optimization is turned off. Most of Jet pack is turned off using primarily for image galleries due to this type of persisting conflict.

Envira Crashes Site:
With both plugins deactivated we can get Envira to work somewhat and editing galleries in Envira will crash the page created in cornerstone resulting in a broken non loading page. Then the entire site will crash, frequently.

Lightbox:
Edits to the Envira Gallery with lightbox seems fruitless. No captions or titles. No thumbnails in lightbox mode. No navigation arrows, etc. Some edits will simply not show up or populate in the edited gallery. Thumbnails seem to show up in the upper left hand corner behind the lightbox itself with no access as they seem not part of the light box. If that makes sense.

Have flushed the Envira Gallery Cache,
Flushed the browsers cache, using four browsers to test. All the same.
Have flushed the site cache on the server side. Cache is turned off for the site at present.
Gone through the Debugging page on Envira to no avail.

Here are test pages to review.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Standard wordpress page
https://www.projectrecover.org/aaa-page-test/

Cornerstone Page
https://www.projectrecover.org/aaa-test-page-cs/

One last thing, the permalink for the gallery itself doesn’t contain the gallery. Not sure if that is normal or not.
https://www.projectrecover.org/envira/project-recover-in-action/

Thank you in advance.
Harry

Is anyone available to help with this at all? @Support1 @charlie , sorry charlie, Not sure how to get attention here. Client is a little worked up as many galleries are affected.

We have deleted and reinstalled the app. Any help greatly appreciated.
We are still getting the lic notification. Everything is updated, Theme too.

Envira Gallery : Your license key for Envira Gallery is invalid. The key no longer exists or the user associated with the key has been deleted. Please use a different key to continue receiving automatic updates.

Hello @ProjRecover,

Please provide us access to your site so we can check your element settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you very much for your time and attention. Secure not included in reply above. The secure button wasn’t present. Didn’t realize it populates after the reply. Sorry about that. Learning.

Hi @ProjRecover,

I have checked both the URLs and also found that the Soliloquy and Envira Gallery plugin is installed. Can you please let me know what exact problem you are facing, any screen-captured video will be very helpful in understanding that.

Thanks

Thank you for showing up.
Would you be so kind as to read through the first post and let me know what’s not clear?
Respectfully, it’s been a week. We really need some help here.
Thank you in advance,
HP

Hi @ProjRecover,

I am really sorry that I completely misunderstood your point. I have checked and found that you are using the Envira Gallery version 1.9.7.1, whereas the latest version of Pro provides the version 1.9.5. It seems that you have updated it externally, and that is why a few of the files might missed.

Now coming to your problem I found that the caption is showing inside the image without any specific style. It seems that the CSS file for the specific lightbox is missing. And that is the reason why the images are not showing properly.
The plugin should have the structure shown in the first screenshot. The file missing error is shown in the second screenshot.

I would suggest you check if the files are present in the mentioned folder or not. If not please contact the external source from where you have updated by mentioning the problem.

Thanks

Thank you so much for showing up. Appreciate you taking the time to figure this out.

I am using X Theme Pro and have used Pro to add Envira Gallery plugin.
The only installation is Version 1.9.7.1
How else am I supposed to add this plugin correctly?

I have not added this plug in externally.

Envira comes with X Theme, I have no outside Envira Account.
I have not installed outside the X PRO eco-space.
If I cannot download the correct Envira Verison from PRO where do I get the correct one?

Thank you again.
HP

Hi @ProjRecover,

The latest version of the X theme provides the Envira Gallery version 1.9.5. And it will be very difficult to recognize how the plugin version changed on your website. You can follow the below steps to get correct version of the plugin.

1. Install the Pro or X in your local environment.
  2. Activate the Envira Gallery
  3. Go to the wp-content/plugin folder and upload all the files through the FTP

Please remember that deleting the existing plugin may cause data loss. I would suggest you take a backup before performing the above steps.

NOTE: I have already informed the concerned person to update the bundled plugin version in upcoming releases.

Thanks

This isn’t working. It’s been almost 2 weeks.

You are telling me that PRO is downloading 1.9.5 and I am not sure this is correct.
Every time we download the Envira Plugin it’s version 1.9.7.1
I’ve tried this on the site, the staging site, and now, what you have requested me to do is create a LOCAL site and download the plugin there and guess what happened.
Save version.

The galleries on our site our down. It’s almost 2 weeks. Client is not happy.

Any chance for you to send the plugin file?
What other options are there?

Here is a video. Brand new local site downloading version 1.9.7.1, NOT 1.9.5 as you are stating.
Any help here greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi @ProjRecover,

Yes, we have updated the version of the Envira Gallery plugin, and now you can install version 1.9.7.1. However, the installed version of the said plugin is not properly updated from the source. If you are getting the latest version of the plugin on your local site, please go to wp-content/plugin of your local installation and upload all Envira Gallery folders to the server in same path. In that way, all the files will be updated and might resolve your problem.
As I suggested before, please take a backup before performing it.

Thanks

Thank you. That helped out a lot.
Envira still seems to crash the site for some reason when creating a gallery and we are still getting the license message. And the galleries are working much better now.

Envira Gallery : Your license key for Envira Gallery is invalid. The key no longer exists or the user associated with the key has been deleted. Please use a different key to continue receiving automatic updates.”

Thank you again for your attention and help.
Greatly Appreciated,
HP

1 Like

Thanks for sticking with us here. I see the extra Envira message we are not hiding on your site and will get that fixed in Pro 6.4. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.