Envira Gallery versus Essential Grid

I am doing my Home page with an Essential Grid but when I view it on my cell phone, I only see 3 of the photographs of the page. Question: Is Envira Gallery a lot easier to use and is it seamless with the Pro theme meaning there are no conflicts or issues because if this is the case, I will use Envira Gallery. I just need a title and a link icon overlaid on top of the image. Is this doable in Envira Gallery? Thanks in advance.

designerwriter

Hi Grace,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Both Envira Gallery and Essential Grid are compatible plugins with X and Pro as listed here https://theme.co/docs/version-compatibility

In Essential Grid, you can adjust the number of visible columns in different screen resolutions by navigating to Essential Grid > Grid Settings > Columns

You can increase the number of columns for Mobile and other devices to have more images displayed in smaller screens.

If you’re planning to use Envira Gallery, this would help you in achieving what you’ve in mind https://enviragallery.com/docs/how-to-make-the-gallery-titles-in-your-envira-albums-link/

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much Nabeel. i just wondered if I could achieve the same thing with Envira gallery without having to deal with skins and which option was easier.

Hello Grace,

With Essential Grid, you will have more options to control the grid and the skin. The skin can also be edited which means that you can also design how the grid items will look like.

Hope this helps.

I need to get the title back and add a link icon. How do I do that? The link icon I could not find in their icon options. I was going to start over and reload the original skin but my edited skin version which is blank showed up instead. How do I get the original back or at least get the title showing again? I did type in all of the titles in the correct fields but they are just not showing up and I am not sure why. I did make a copy of the original skin but when I went to create a new skin from this duplicate, I only got the original which has my edits on it. I wanted to start from scratch. How do I access that duplicate?

Regarding the columns, should I set them up to be the same? Right now, there are 3 columns and 3 rows. Should I put 3 for everything? Why are there larger numbers for the Desktop Large, Medium, and Small?

Hello Grace,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) To edit the grid skin, please check out this documentation:

Or check out this video tutorial:

2.) The columns and rows will limit the number of columns and rows of your grid. If you choose to display 9 grid items, it is best that you use 3 for both columns and rows.

Hope this helps.

I just reuploaded the Essential Grid so that I can start over! That’s one way to do it. I think I made the mistake of saving as template rather than using the green disk to save. I will duplicate it again. Thanks for the info and the link ruenel. I have watched some videos but until I do it and make mistakes then go back to the videos…well there is a lot to remember and process.

I have watched these videos but I have to watch them again. He went over a lot of information.

You are most welcome.
Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.