Envira Gallery not previewing properly

I set up my Writing Print and Web page with 12 images but the page is not loading at all. I am getting an error message? Is it safer to just use columns and load my images with Pro rather than rely on Envira Gallery?

https://xpro.eagleheartdynamic.com/envira/writing-print-and-web/

designerwriter

Hello Grace,

Thanks for writing to us.

The page link that you have shared is taking me to the 404 pages. I request you please recreate the page so that we can check your settings. It would be best you could share your credentials so that we can debug your issue so please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Grace,

I have checked the page and the images were loaded as expected.

See the secure note below.

Kindly disable the Lazy Loading feature in your Envira Gallery and test the page again.

Thank you reunel. I have one more question. If I want to put 4 images per row instead of 5, how do I get rid of that gap between the image and the border? Do I have to go into the page or change it in Envira gallery and where do I change it? I made it 5 columns but there were 2 images hanging to the left and I want to keep them even numbers. There were no gaps with the 5 column option because there are 5 images across the page similar to my graphic design page.

I know as I build my portfolio, it will change but I just want to know how to change the border so that the gap isn’t there between the image and the border. Thanks!

I had to change the page back to just Writing because I sectioned it in 2 for print and web. The title Writing Print and Web is too long in the menu.

https://xpro.eagleheartdynamic.com/writing/

I think I answered my own question! The gap is only showing up in the Envira Gallery preview because I made the border around the images to apply across the website as a CSS. Essentially, I should just ignore the Envira Gallery border correct? Whew! That as easy.

Hello Grace,

If the border is necessary for your design, please change the image size and image dimension so that the image will appear more squared and those empty spaces on the left will be removed.

Cheers.

You know what? Something strange is happening. When I view it in edit Pro mode, it has no gap but when I view it on the Front end, I get the gap. What if I want the size to be 200x200 like the graphic design page? I have to see what I made that page.

I made the graphic design page 5 columns 200x200 which is the original size and chose original image. That worked because it was for 5 columns but the images for the writing section are too blurry because the images are 200x200. Should I change all of the images to 300x300 and reupload or just make it 200x200 and 5 columns then choose original image? Two of the images will be off to the left so it won’t be a complete row.

I am just not sure why I was getting something different showing up in Pro edit mode and then the gap happening when I viewed it on the front end. Thoughts?

Hello Grace,

When you are in the builder, the width of the preview is less than what you see in the live view. This is why in Pro builder, there is no gap while it is visible in the live view. Your gallery at least 1000 pixels wide. If we divide it into 4 columns, your 200x200 image size is still not enough. Changing the image size to 350x350 pixels should be enough and will get rid of the gap.

Kindly check it now.

But does it remain small like in the Graphic Design page? This is what I am seeing when I go to Edit in Pro then choose view the page.

https://xpro.eagleheartdynamic.com/pro/content/18

But when I view it on the front end, I see this:
https://xpro.eagleheartdynamic.com/writing/

I guess it can’t go any smaller so because it is only 4 rows it should be 350 correct not 200? It’s still a bit blurry. What I can do is upload the 300x300 files so it’s more size as and it won’t be as blurry. I created these 300x300 files for the individual pages. Then I would have to change image dimensions to 300x300.

The other option is to just use the same 5 columns across and keep it at 200. Since I will be adding to it. The only problem with this option is that I would need the pagination issue to be solved because if I have 10 images to a page, 2 images will go to the next page. I just emailed support @ Envira Gallery so I’ll see what they say.

Hello Grace,

What matters is the live view of the page. I did check your original image and it is only 200x200. So, yes, it is best that you resize your image and upload at least 350 pixels or bigger so that it will not be blurry in the live view of the page.

Cheers.

So 300x300 won’t do? I want it to be 300 or is that too small considering the width is 1000?

Hello Grace,

Yes, 300 would do. I just gave an allowance on my suggestion just to make sure that it will not be blurry.

Regards.

I did a test so it’s ok. Thanks reunel.

You’re most welcome,

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.