Enclosing Comments Area within container

Hi,

Thanks for this really versatile theme; I liked it so much that I’ve purchased it for my own food blog.

The issue I’m having is related to comments:

  • is there a way comments can be enclosed within the main container? If you see a post on my site (http://magic-marinade.com/2014/08/13/frontier-living-spaghetti-arrabbiata/ for example), the comment boxes seem to hang outside the main container. Is there a way these can be enclosed within the main container itself?

  • This is also causing the tags to be completely obscured. Is there a way I could turn the tags off altogether?

  • Finally, I’d like to change the text above the comment boxes (‘Leave a reply’). I did see a suggestion via a child theme. My question is, if I now install a child theme (I really should have done it first and made the customisations to it), is there a way I can export settings and customisations from the current theme and install it directly into the child theme?

Thanks a lot!

Summary

My site is currently under construction, and the access password is ‘cinnamon’.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) Do you want something like this, http://prntscr.com/fr0a4f ?
If that is the case, please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.single-post .x-main {
    background-color: #fff;
    box-shadow:0 0.15em 0.35em 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.135);
    border-radius: 5px;
}

.single-post .has-post-thumbnail .entry-wrap {
    border: none;
    box-shadow: none;
}

.single-post .entry-footer,
.single-post .x-comments-area {
    margin-left: 60px;
    margin-right: 60px;
}

.single-post .x-comments-area {
    padding-bottom: 60px;
}

2.) You can always still a child theme. It is not too late. Before you activate the child theme, please do the following:
i.) Please create a site backup first.
ii.) Go to X > Overview, and find the customizer manager
iii.) Download the XCS file to your computer
iv.) Activate your child theme
v.) Go back to X > overview and in the customizer manager, please import the XCS file you have download in step ii
vi.) You can then add the suggested code to change the “leave a reply” into your child theme’s functions.php file.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I wanted to do.

I’ll set up the child theme and make the other edit there once I launch tomorrow. Thanks for your timely response! Now I can launch the site looking the way I wanted it to! :slight_smile:

Cool, we’re delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.