Embedded YouTube videos not showing up in new Layout Builder

I am using one of the templates for the new Layout Builder. It looks great and we’re very excited about the tool. One issue we’re having is that YouTube videos that are embedded in posts are not showing on my post pages. This one, for example: https://www.christcommunity.com/christ-community-live-12-27-20/

Is this a bug in the builder or something I’m doing wrong?

Hello @stuartrowens,

Thanks for writing in! When I check the page, a certain cp-empty-content class were added to the content element on the page. It could also be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks, doesn’t appear to be a plugin conflict and theme is up to date. Secure note added to original post.

Hello @stuartrowens,

I can confirm that this is a bug in the latest release. To get resolve temporarily, you can add this CSS snippet in your Pro > Theme Options > Global CSS.

.x-the-content .x-resp-embed, 
.x-the-content .is-type-video {
    min-width: 850px; 
    max-width: 100%;
}

I have informed our developers already and this should be fixed when they roll out the next update release.

Thank you for your understanding.

2 Likes

It seems to be resolved by the latest update.

Glad to hear that, @salilou

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.