Email forms adding users to WordPress back end

Hi there,

I’m in the process of building a membership section on an existing site. I’ve been using Email Forms to connect to a Mailchimp list with no problems. However, it also seems that something is adding users (as subscribers) on the WordPress end. So instead of having just one WP user (my admin account) I now have several hundred users as subscriber accounts on the WordPress end.

So - just want to get clarification. Does Email Forms add a user on the WordPress end as well as adding people to an external mailing list?

Thanks!

Hello @ShaunCoward,

Thanks for writing in! Email Forms should not be adding any users to your WordPress users. The emails and names are supposed to be added to your MailChimp account. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks for your reply - secure note added.

Shaun

Sorry - forget about it. It turned out to be Modern Events Calendar that was creating users when they booked an event. All sorted. Thanks!

Hi @ShaunCoward,

We’re glad that you’re able to figure it out. If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.