Ellipses on archive pagination not inline with numbers

Hi there,

The ellipses (.dots class) are out of line with the numbers. I did some CSS to bring the ellipses up the 20px up so they’re inline with the other numbers. But they cover the center number. Which is fine on the first 2 pages of the Archive but by page 3 it becomes a problem because it covers the center number (which is the active page by page 3).

ice_screenshot_20240829-104851

Because there doesn’t seem to be a unique class or id for the numbers that bridge the center, I believe this can only be fixed by hacking at the theme files or by yourselves in an update. I’d rather not try and mess with the theme files.

Is this something you can provide an update for? Or point me in the right direction for a fix?

Thanks

Hello @RachelDi,

It is not possible to guide you with only a screenshot I would suggest you please share the exact page URL so that we can check it on our end and guide you with only a screenshot.

Thanks

Sure. Will put in secure note.

Hello @RachelDi,

The issue is caused by a custom CSS code:

.dots {
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 9999;
    top: 20px;
}

I am not sure where it has been added. If you can find this one, please remove it. And if ever you cannot find it, please provide us with your WP Access so we can double-check. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Oh well that would do it. It was for an old layout on another page we don’t use anymore. Thanks!

Hello @RachelDi,

You’re very welcome! Glad we could pinpoint the issue. If you need help with anything else or have any further questions, feel free to reach out anytime!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.