Elements load very slow or not at all in Cornerstone preview

Hello!

I’m experiencing extremely slow loading elements in Cornerstone. Sometimes the elements don’t show at all, they just keep showing the loading icon. I added an image to show how my preview looks like:

Only sometimes when I modify an element, like changing the text or some setting, the preview loads, but only 50% of the time, which makes designing my webpage a painful process.

I have already tried to disable any third-party plugins, but with no luck. Also I have added the following lines to the wp-config.php file of my website:
define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ );
define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
But that didn’t help either.

This issue is only happening when in the Cornerstone customizer. The website does show every element from outside wordpress (like from client’s perspective).

I hope you can help me with this issue.

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in!

  • How many elements does the page contain?
  • Did the memory limit changes take effect as even though the config is added, the limit may not change on the site even though the defines are added depending on the host.
  • Have you tried deactivating all your other plugins apart from Cornerstone to see how it works? If it works correctly with other plugins deactivated this would lead more to a memory type issue.

Thanks!

Hi,

  • I’d say there are about 20 to 30 elements. Some demo pages have more elements than my page.
  • There was no effect when I changed the memory limit in the config file. So maybe the changes need to made on the host’s side? Is there anything specific that I need to ask them?
  • I tried to deactivate all plugins but Cornerstone, but that didn’t fix the problem either.

I thought maybe some ‘raw content’ elements had some code that disrupted the flow of cornerstone, but getting rid of them still does not fix the problem unfortunately.

This is mostly due to poor web host performance. If not, their server configurations are not optimal. You could also be in a basic plan where you can’t increase resources yourself. You need to contact your web host regarding this issue. If you can, switch to a better host. This is not a problem in most managed WordPress hosts. You might want to switch to our hosting service. See https://theme.co/hosting/. Or, you can check this advice from an X user https://xthemetips.com/choose-best-wordpress-host/

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.