Element within shortcode

Hey team

This is probably more of a feature request, but I wanted to see if it is currently possible.

I have a 3rd party plugin that requires me to use a shortcode to display content. The content I want to display is a cornerstone element.

I can display the cornerstone elements using the legacy shortcodes, but you don’t recommend that. Is there a better way to get my element to be incorporated within the shortcode?

I have a feeling y’all would need to add an advanced field to go along with id, class, etc where a shortcode could be placed so that the element was controlled by it.

I just want to make sure.

To follow up, the element I have is a video player. I’d like to know what legacy shortcodes I need to use to have a button that says PLAY VIDEO and when clicked produces a lightbox or better yet, an effect like on Netflix or Amazon Video where it just turns the screen into a player?

Thanks for your help.

Hello @KMCHTX,

Thanks for writing in!

If you want to display a Cornerstone element in a shortcode, you can simply go to X/Pro > Global Blocks and create a block where you can insert the desired Cornerstone element. Save your changes and take note of the Global Block shortcode. With the shortcode, this is how you can display Cornerstone element outside of the content area.

To learn more about the Global Blocks, please check out this documentation:

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ruenel. That is a straightforward enough way to handle the setup. :slight_smile:

@KMCHTX,

It’s our pleasure to help you.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.