Element failed to render

I’m getting this message on only part of my homepage. Other pages seem to be fine:

“This element failed to render. Additional error information may be found in your browser developer tools.”

I did see a post about it before, but I don’t quite understand it. I updated cornerstone, slider revolution, typekit and I think envira today. I don’t think it was an issue until today. Thank you!

Hi River,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your element.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

ok, great. I’ll try these and let you know if I have any issues.

You’re very welcome, @Drosera!

Ok, I’m finally going through these steps.

when I went to go to cornerstone to see if the messages were still there, my pop up modal came up and wouldn’t close, I tried clicking on the x and using esc. It was hard to see behind the pop-up but it looked like I was receiving the same messages. When I pressed pause on the modal (convert kit) and went back to cornerstone, the messages were no longer there. So I’m assuming it has to do with this plugin.

On the plugin page, it’s activated but also says, Activate License next to convert kit. Perhaps this is the issue? I haven’t had it before and have been using this plugin for a while now. I use the same set up on a different site that also has x theme and there are no issues there.

Is convert kit not included in x theme? If not, is there a better plugin that I can do a modal pop-up that connects to mailchimp?

Thank you

Hi River,

I suggest that you will use the ConvertPlus plugin for your popup. It is already tested and working with our theme. To know more about the ConvertPlus plugin, please check this out.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Ok, thanks. Now that I know it’s convert plus, I’m not exactly sure what to do from here on out. It works fine on my other site with x theme. It seems if I temporarily pause the modal, I can edit in cornerstone. Should I wait for another update to the plugin or…?

Thanks so much, appreciate any and all your help!

Hi River,

To help you further with your issue, we need to check your WordPress admin. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • URL of the page where the popup is located

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.