Content Area Modal Element failed to render - Cannot edit element

Hi there,

I get this error when I am trying to use Cornerstone to update my website:

How do I edit these? I don’t see any of the edit controls.

Hello @artthescience

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue of plugin conflict. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestions. None of them are related to my issue and I would greatly appreciate it if we could address my specific issue.

Using the secure note feature, I already sent you the console log for my issue, please kindly review it. It seems there is an issue with transitioning from JQuery to React on your end.

Thank you for your help!
:slight_smile:

To be clear, this is an issue with Cornerstone not showing the “Content Area Modal” element properly… for instance here is the issue again on a different page of the same website and you can see the same error for the Modal element while the Button Element works great. :slight_smile:

I do have the same issue (luckily just on a test site). The moment the content area modal element is placed, the browser log says:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'mega_menus' of undefined
TypeError: Cannot read property 'matches' of null

It happens in Wordpress to 5.6.2 & Wordpress 5.7 with the latest theme update to 4.2.3. Before the latest theme update it was working (did test prior 4.2.3 and after).

Hope that helps in narrowing the problem.

best regards
Mirco

1 Like

I can confirm the above error messages also.

1 Like

Hi @artthescience,

The issue you are having might be due to the incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating the Cornerstone once again, by following the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone plugin from Appearance > Plugin
  2. After deletion of the Cornerstone, please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to investigate it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Hi @mircotripoczky and @samc,

If the above process does not help, I would request you to create a ** separate thread** for this issue and share the admin credentials to investigate further.

Thanks

Has anyone found a solution to this? I’m getting the same issue on my site.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Can you please explain step by step how I do this:

" 1. After deletion of the Cornerstone , please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone ."

What link? Where do I find it?

@tristup I’m experiencing a similar issue, also tried deleting and readding Cornerstone to no avail, and so have made this thread with a secure note for support.

1 Like

@Staff

Many folks seems to have this issue and as @Web_Creations commented, your solution doesn’t seem to work.

Please advise on next steps, thank you :slight_smile:

Hello @artthescience,

I have investigated that issue and this is a suspected bug or conflict between the theme and the latest WordPress 5.7. I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. A patch release shall be rolling out anytime soon.

Please bear with us.

@ruenel

That sounds great! To clarify, I have this issue with the latest theme updates but NOT the new WordPress 5.7 update.

Thanks for working on this for us :slight_smile:

You are most welcome.

Hello @Staff,

What’s the story on this issue? Any updates?

:grin:

Hey @artthescience,

We do not have an ETA yet for the next release. Our developers are already working on this issue. A patch update release will be rolling out anytime soon.

Please bear with us.

@ruenel I can confirm the same bug in Pro version 4.2.3 and WordPress 5.5.3. Happens only on the Content Area Modal.

Hi @Frosting,

Our developers are already working on this issue. A patch update release will be rolling out anytime soon.

Please bear with us.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.