Element Button CSS

I like very much the granular control that the new element Button gives us. But I’ve run into logistical problems when I need to go back and change all my buttons appearance.

1. The scenario is that I’ve created a Button using the new element. I’ve assigned that button a class. I’ve saved it as a template block.
  2. I’ll then add that button to many placed throughout the website.
  3. I then get a request from the client to change globally the appearance of the button.
  4. What I think now happens is that I need to go to every page and re-add the newly styled button.

Is there a way or method to capture all of the CSS that is generated from the element Button? This would allow me to use the class I assigned to the buttons in the beginning and override the original CSS with the new CSS.
Another way to state this, is there a way to know that I’ve captured all the CSS that I generate when configuring a Button?

(Future idea, and it could be horribly bad. Ideally, I’d be able to configure a button in the interface and then associate all of the CSS to a class that Pro would manage and which I could then apply.)

Hi there,

I get the problem and agree that it will be a super hard task to change all those options. Unfortunately at the moment you do not have any choices, but as the Font Manager which is in place now and you can use it to change the font of the whole website, the same idea is under active development called element template manager, which will help you add a template of the button and use it wherever you want, then if you change the template the whole buttons will change at once.

The discussion about this is already finished:

So, we also find it necessary to have such a feature and we hope that we can have a working version in December.

Thank you.

Thanks for the update. I recall now the conversation about the template manager and look forward to trying it out.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.