Edits applied to pages that are showing in editor look completely different when live

I’m having a persistent problem across my site both with Cornerstone and Slider Revolution. The pages look exactly right in either platform and when I preview them, but when I save and look at the site live, the edits look completely different. It’s weird things too- for example I have a page with two rows and three columns, but even at full desktop width, even though the preview appears correctly, the rows appear as 4 rows with alternating rows of 2/1 columns.

With SR, even though I have set up page/design of sliders and they preview correctly across devices, edits dont show up live.

I’m totally at a loss. Where do I go from here?!

Hello @themoakgroup,

Thanks for writing in!

It seems that you are experiencing a caching issue. To get your issue resolved, please do the following:

Solution 1:

Please go to X > Settings > System and hit the “Clear Style Cache”. Load the page again in the editor and click “Save”. Compare it to the live view of the page.

Solution 2:

You are also using Cloudflare. Kindly login to your Cloudflare account and purge your site cache. For more details about how you can clear the cache, check this:

Solution 3:

The issue could also be coming from a plugin conflict or any other thing. Please do the basic troubleshooting as indicated in this documentation guide:

If the above solutions still do not fix your issue, we would be happy to go in and check your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @themoakgroup,

I have checked your website and didn’t find any differences between the builder and frontend output. If you are having this issue in any specific URL, please mention it along with any screenshot or video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

As you can see here, in slider revolution and in its preview, this section appears one way for mobile devices, but on the actual live site it presents differently on mobile devices.

This appears on the homepage of alwaysintrepid.com

Hello @themoakgroup,

Please edit your slider and do the following:

1.) Change the Layout Sizing to “Auto”.

2.) Add a maximum width so that it will not take up the whole width.

3.) Clear all your caches and test the site again.

Hope this helps.

These steps did not mitigate the issue in any way, other than making the site look a bit wonky from a width perspective. I moved from “auto” to specific height/width settings because auto was causing this problem. Switching back and forth and clearing cache does not mitigate the issue im seeing with slider revolution on the live site. What else could be causing this? It seems to be an issue with slider rev itself.

Hi @themoakgroup,

I have created a test page and added the same Slider into that page without any content and found the issue you described. It might be an issue with the Slider Revolution plugin, I will check and add this to our Issue Tracker so this issue will be queued for fixing to Plugin Author.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.