Editing RSS Widget

Hi there,

I’ve created an RSS widget on http://www.jagkin.com/ in Footer 3 but do not really like the appearance. If you look at the page you will see the heading “China Law Blog” and the two RSS links but it is quite hard to read. The text seems to have a text-shadow applied to it when it is not highlighted. There is also a border-shadow or border around the links. When hovered the links change to red and background to white.

What I’d like to do is change all the styling for this section but I cannot find where to edit the appearance settings in the theme. Could you please help tell me where I can make these changes?

Thankyou

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Do you want something like this http://prntscr.com/fvk9mz ?
If that is the case, please add the following CSS code in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

body .h-widget,
body .h-widget a {
    color: #fff !important;
}

body .h-widget,
body .widget * {
    text-shadow: none;
}

.widget ul, .widget ol {
    box-shadow: none;
    border: none;
}

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hey @RueNel,

Thanks for your help with the CSS!! Just a small note: as you guys are a design company I think this design should be built into the theme ie. you shouldn’t need custom CSS to make it look good. It seems inconceivable that the default setting for something quite important (a footer item) looks so bad.

I’m not saying this to put down the theme or developers but just to help provide some constructive criticism. I think X-Theme/Pro is the best on the market right now and I think that the team have already done such a great job on so much design-wise, especially focusing on small details. I just think that to make the theme even better this could be improved by styling so the default looks good and maybe even adding a place where the user can edit the footer style too (without CSS) would be great.

Thanks!

jagelman

Hi Jagelman,

We certainly appreciate the feedback! This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.