Editing Post Page

Hi, I’m new to Wordpress so I hope this isn’t a dumb question. I’ve set up a blog page on my site (Ethos) by selecting it as the post page under Settings - Reading. This seems to work, however there is a big white box at the top of the page which I can’t get rid of:

I tried editing the page in Cornerstone but I get an error message saying: “A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”

My questions:

How do I remove the large white space at the top of my posts page?
How do I allow comments on blog posts? (I have selected “allow people to comment on new articles” in settings - discussion.

Thanks in advance.

Hi - I actually figured out what the white space was, but if you could advise how I enable comments that would be great.

Sorry, I figured out how to allow comments too! No all i need to work out is how to delete questions in here!

Thanks for letting us know!