Editing Post Category Template - Adding Widget

Hi,

I want to change the template used for the Category Archive as the top of it looks completely different to my Blog page. I have used a plugin for the layout of the posts shown on both the blog and category archive pages so at least that looks the same. But the Blog page has a widget up the top which displays the categories. I want to add that to the categories archive page so people can click around. I also want a button so they can go back to the main blog page.

I have been reading on the forum about copying the wp-index.php file into the child theme and I did that but my coding (php) knowledge is very limited to so I’m not sure what I need to do next.

I read that I can add the following to my functions (this was about portfolio not posts so I changed some of the code):

function add_custom_text() {   
if(x_is_portfolio_category() || x_is_portfolio_tag()){
?>
<div class="my-custom-text"><div class="x-container max">
    <h1>THIS IS MY TITLE</h1>
    <p>This is my description</p>
</div></div>
<?php    
}}
add_action( 'x_after_view_global__slider-below', 'add_custom_text', 10 );

But that places a title and description on the portfolio archives not the post category archives.

I want the category and tag archive pages to look like the top of the blog page - https://aiad.com.au/blog/

They currently look like this - https://aiad.com.au/category/google-adwords/

Thank you

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that your blog page, https://aiad.com.au/blog/, is a custom made blog page created in Cornerstone. The category and tag archive pages contents were dynamically generated by Wordpress and these pages cannot be edited with Cornerstone. The template is from the pre designed templates in X. Having to have the same look as the custom blog page would mean that the archive page templates will have to be manually edited which can only be done with custom development. Regretfully custom development is beyond the scope of our support.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.