Edit with pro not working (1)

Hi,

I have a child and parrent pages on my site because I want to use breadcrumps.

But I do not want to have long URL’s.

So I have installed this plugin: Custom Permalinks 1.2.17: https://nl.wordpress.org/plugins/custom-permalinks/.

The problem is; when I activate this plugin and I delete the parent url in a child page I get an error when I’m trying to edit that page with pro:

When I deactivate the plugin; editing with pro works again. But again, I do not want long URL’s BUT I do want breadcrumbs on my pages.

Any solution for this?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Seems like this particular plugin have conflict with theme. The best way to use this plugin is when you are editing the page please disable it and after finish editing you can reactive your plugin.

As Pro editor is parma link sensitive due to which it doesn’t work with the plugin.

Thanks

Hi,

Deactivating the plugin when editing with pro isn’t possible because deactivating the plugin will result in URL structure change. This is very badly for SEO, doing this (all the time).

Is there another option to use breadcrumbs BUT not having Parent URL structure?

So for example I now have this:

Parent page: www.domain.com/parent-page/
Child page 1: www.domain.com/parent-page/child-page-1/
Child child page 2: www.domain.com/parent-page/child-page-1/child-page-2/
Child child child page 3: www.domain.com/parent-page/child-page-1/child-page-2/child-page-3/

But rather than having a URL like www.domain.com/parent-page/child-page-1/child-page-2/child-page-3/ I prefer a URL that looks like: www.domain.com/child-page-3/.

And again; this is possible with the plugin mentioned earlier but when using the plugin editing with pro is no longer working.

Thanks.

Hi There,

You can use X Bread Crumbs functionality or PRO Header Builder Breadcrumbs element.

If you choose to use a third party plugin we cannot provide support for the issues this plugin causes.

Thanks for understading.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.