Edit with pro after changing the page template

Hi, I have an issue which is kind of basic, but never paid attention to it :slight_smile:

I am using Pro child theme. I hava a page with a specific template. For the sake of the argument, let’s say that the page name is ‘Toys’ and the template name is ‘Template1’. Template file is added as it’s usually done in WP - as file page-template1.php inside the theme directory.

The page ‘Toys’ had this template selected in the settings and the page was edited in ‘normal’ WP, not with ‘Edit with Pro’ option.

Yesterday I duplicated the page-template1.php file and created new template, i.e. ‘Template2’ (file page-template2.php).

After that I changed the template setting for Toys page to Template2. I did it with Quick edit on the page list.

The issue I have now is that if I want to edit the page (action Edit form the page list, not Quick edit), I get to the editor, but there’s no content.

As far as I understand, the page kind of automatically switched content to Pro?

If I click on Edit with Pro, will I be able to edit the content (I’m not sure I want to click at the moment - I once saw some kind of notice that if I do this, there’s no way back to be able to edit such page in ‘normal’ WP interface)?

Is there a way to again edit my Toys page in ‘normal’ mode? I know it’s strange to pay for the theme and then still edit the page in ‘normal’ mode, but I’d like to keep all possibilities open :slight_smile:

Hello @redorbit,

Thanks for writing to us.

The contents added through the Cornerstone or Content Builder is not editable in the Block or Gutenberg editor (WP default editor ), and vice-versa that’s why the content is not showing in the Gutenberg (WP default editor ).

Thanks

Thanks for the response …

Does that mean that both contents (Cornerstone and Gutenberg) are two totally different entities?

The issue is that now I can’t see any content in Gutenberg, but if I go to Cornerstone (Edit with Pro), I see the content, but it’s not editable. Can’t do anything,

Any suggestion?

Hi @redorbit,

Yes, the content between the Cornerstone and Gutenberg are save in different tables in database that’s why Cornerstone content is not editable outside the builder.

Regarding on your second question, we need to check the said page, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • URL of the page your having an issue

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Sorry, my bad - we were actually using ACF :frowning:

I just forgot I have to enable them for this template also.

Problem solved :slight_smile:

Hi @redorbit,

We’re glad that your able to solve your issue. If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.