Edit with Cornerstone broken with SG optimiser plugin

Dear Theme.co,

I previously posted a similar support issue with edit with pro, here: Edit with PRO not working/Broken

Unfortunately, total cache doesn’t work on site ground hosting and I need SG optimiser to get any kind of decent performance on the site, however, when I enable the SG optimiser plugin it breaks the ‘edit with cornerstone’ option. It just tries to load, but the circle / wheel just keeps spinning and never loading to edit.

It appears this has been raised as an issue before? SG is pretty popular hosting, I would assume your theme should be able to work with them effectively. Can you help please?

Hi,

I have the same problem, need to deactivate SG optimizer to edit with cornerstone.

Resolved for now by Siteground support:

"The issue was caused by the “Minify JavaScript Files” frontend optimization of the SiteGround Optimizer plugin.

Even though I excluded all listed scripts that can be excluded from that optimization this did not resolved the issue. It appears that the Cornerstone plugin is including JavaScript files which are not correctly registered in WordPress and thus are not displayed among the files that can be excluded by the SiteGround Optimizer. Due to that I went ahead and disabled the “Minify JavaScript Files” frontend optimization which resolved the problem."

Hey @mrg23 and @artisted,

Thanks for reaching out!

Optimization plugins like Siteground Optimizer often combine scripts and reorder them and the common cause of issues as some scripts should not be combined, minified nor re-ordered. That is the case with our products, you need to exclude everything from Pro from any kind of optimization. Don’t worry, our themes are optimized out of the box so they don’t need third-party optimization.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.