Hello,
How do I edit the layout on the posts page? I want to introduce the page with text and remove the scrolling posts at the top of the page.
Hello,
How do I edit the layout on the posts page? I want to introduce the page with text and remove the scrolling posts at the top of the page.
Hi there,
Thanks for posting in.
You can only edit the posts page through template files. Also, do you mean adding texts above the posts? And the scrolling posts is the posts slider? If yes, then please follow these.
Install a child theme and activate it
Use your hosting’s file manager or FTP ( http://www.wikihow.com/Use-FTP ) and copy this file \wp-content\themes\x\framework\views\ethos\wp-index.php to your child theme, example
\wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\ethos\wp-index.php
\wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\ethos\wp-index.php and add this code<?php if ( is_home() ) : ?>
ADD YOUR PREFERRED TEXT HERE
<?php endif; ?>
just above this line <?php if ( $is_filterable_index ) : ?>
You may use any text editor (eg. notepad) to do that when you’re using FTP, or you may use your hosting’s file manager editor.
Save it (and upload it if you’re using FTP)
And to remove the post slider, repeat the same step starting from #2, but this time, it’s for this file \wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\views\ethos\_post-slider.php, and remove the entire content 
Thanks!