Edit pages in Cornerstone not loading

Hi,

@Lely, this is a followup to this issue: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/trouble-with-cornerstone-page-builder-working-after-xtheme-update/13537

Cornerstone is stuck and won’t load the page. If you click on the pages on the left side, the loading bar shows up but nothing loads once it’s complete.

I have done troubleshooting and deactivated all plugins and reactivated them one by one. The plugins seem to work individually, but once I have reactivated a certain number, the problem comes back. After a certain point, any plugin that I activate causes the issue. Could it be some kind of memory issue? I didn’t have such issue with the previous version of X/Cornerstone.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Best,
Tony

Hello There,

Thanks for creating another thread with your detailed post information. Regretfully we cannot check your site because the given username has a very limited privileges. Please change the role to administrator so that we can access settings, plugins and other areas to investigate.

Meanwhile, please make sure that the the Site URL and WordPress address url is the same as the url of your dashboard.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @RueNel,

Thanks for the reply. I have just updated the permissions to admin!

Btw, I have deactivated a bunch of plugins so that pages now load in Cornerstone. If you reactive a bunch of plugins, the previous error should come back.

I still have occasional error messages due to aggressive cacheing or plugin conflict, but it doesn’t seem to be consistent.

Best,
Tony

PS. I am not receiving email notifications for forum replies, despite having clicked “Watching”. Is this normal?

Hello,

If you disabled all the plugins and it solved the problem, you need to disable all of them again and enable one by one - this way we will know which one is causing the problem with our theme and know the best way to fix it.

Hi @john,

As mentioned in my previous post, this is what I did. Individually, plugins work fine, but it seems that when too many plugins are active at the same time, the error would come back. It’s not directly linked to individual plugins, but at some point, any additional plugin that I activate recreates the error.

For example, I have now kind of maxed out the plugins capacity on our wordpress. If you log in and activate either Slider Revolution, Broadcast or WC Fields Factory, you’ll see the same error. It works fine when these plugins are activated individually, so somehow the number (or size?) of plugins is causing this error.

Hi There,

In that case, it can be memory issue.
You can try adding this in your wp-config.php located at the root directory of your site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If the issue persists, please check in with your hosting provider. That code increase memory on wordpress but it might be limited on your hosting. If any of this doesn’t work, please also provide FTP credentials on a secure note.

Hi @Lely,

Thanks, it seems to work now!

Glad to hear it and thanks for letting us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.