Edit header.php file

Hi Guys ,

Attempting to install hotjar - asks me to add code to header.php file .Following hotjar instructions

I did not discover this file , could you please point me in the right direction

Hey there,

You don’t have to modify the file. There are plugins that allows you to add code into the head like Insert Headers and Footers. You can also try this guide https://pagely.com/blog/2015/03/safe-easy-way-add-code-wordpress-websites-header-footer/

If you want the manual approach, please see https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/wp_head

Thanks.

Thanks Christian, That worked awesome !

You’re most welcome,

I’m trying to do a css customization to my header area, but I’ve not been able to locate the header.php file. I followed the instructions provided on Themeco forum, which says it should be under Framwork/Ethos or whichever stack I’m using; but its not there.

Please help!

Hi There,

You can add your CSS rules into your Customizer’s custom CSS area. Head over to Appearance -> Customize -> Custom -> Edit Global CSS .

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.