Edit footer?

Hi, I’ve got 2 sites running Theme Forest X-child. One of them has an option in the Theme Options menu “Footer”. That option is suddenly missing on the other site where I want to edit the footer. Anyone who can tell me what to do please?

Hey @BOOM_Tommy,

On the other site, you’re looking at the Navigation menu, unlike the 1st screenshot that shows the Theme Options.

Under the Navigation, click the Theme Options. That will give you the same interface as the 1st screenshot and there you’ll see the Footer option.

Thanks.

Thanks, and then I get these options, but no “footer”.

Hey @BOOM_Tommy,

Thanks for showing us another screenshot. What you’re seeing is normal if you’re not using X. Please go to Appearance > Themes and activate X. You cannot use Cornerstone for any other theme because what you have are X licenses.

In case you want to use Cornerstone for other themes, you need the standalone Cornerstone license which you can purchase here https://codecanyon.net/item/cornerstone-the-wordpress-page-builder/15518868

Ok, I click to validate:

Then this happens:

and there is still no where to edit the footer.

The only thing I know is that I edited the footer a couple of years ago, but I cannot remember how. Now I need to edit it again. That´s all I want to do, can you tell me how I can do that, please.

Hello @BOOM_Tommy,

Are you having the issue with the site URL that I have posted in the secure note below? If that is the case, this site is using the latest Cornerstone 6.0.8 with the outdated X theme which is the version 6.5.4. You need to go to Appearance > Themes or Dashboard > Updates and update the X theme to the latest compatible version which is X 9.0.8.

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

And if still the issue exist, we would love to check your site by providing us access to it. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Yes it is the site in question.

Hello @BOOM_Tommy,

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 9.0.8
  • Cornerstone 6.0.8
  • WordPress 5.8
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.