Edit a header break the header and the design of the site

Hi support team. I have a site at http://www.mutuo.ca

Since the last Pro update, every time I edit and save the global header the header and the website is broken. The responsive behaviour of the header is not working anymore, the css of the site is all messed up and I see «Componnent» code in a lot of places and pages.

To fix that I have to copy the header, apply the copy globally, delete the copy and reapply the original header globally. This should not happen.

Is there a permanent fix?

This time the site is broken without my intervention.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using CloudFlare or may have installed a caching plugin like WordFence, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache? Please keep in mind that after doing every updates or even small site changes, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel. I know that. I found that the problem is caused by CloudFlare. When I was working on the website, I was turning «developer mode on» and after the editing, turning it off was broking the site. Even if I clear all caches.

This is weird. I host a lot of sites on this web hosting service, all made with Pro and this is the only one reacting like that to CloudFlare.

Since I remove this site from CloudFlare the problem is gone.

Hello There,

Since you are using CloudFlare, please ensure that you have the right settings. This is the best working solution when working with X/Pro and CloudFlare: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Hope this helps.

Thank you RueNel

You’re welcome,

Have a nice day :slight_smile: