E&P Form Builder Issue

We use the E&P form builder for quoting purposes but have recently encountered several issues:

• Sometimes the email we receive with project information (using the [project_content] shortcode) has nonsensical data in a dropdown field with preset values (see attached)

• The “View Orders” form button brings up an endless loading screen.

We have a staging website and everything is up to date (WordPress, themes and plugins). I have also deactivated all plugins to see if there was a conflict but no dice. I did recently update PHP from 7.0 to 7.4, but that was a week ago and going back to 7.0 didn’t fix the issue in my testing.

Can you look at? Happy to provide credentials to view our staging environment.

Hi @SirJJAnderson,

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  3. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi there, I was able to fix the orders not loading issue by increasing the PHP memory limit.

Now the only outstanding issue is trying to figure out how/why we got an incomplete lead record. Both the submission notification email and the order record in WordPress look the same with the first 2 fields filled out properly, bad data in the quantity field, and missing a bunch of contact information field below that.

It is worth noting that this is a rare/intermittent issue - not sure if that helps?

Hi @SirJJAnderson,

To better help with your concerns, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Sure thing, added a secure note to my previous reply!

Hey @SirJJAnderson,

It does help to know that the issue is intermittent. That could mean that a user could have entered a character that could not be accepted by the encoding setup of your database resulting in corrupted data.

It is best that you show us how to replicate the issue so maybe we could tell what the causes are. Right now, I couldn’t replicate the issue or maybe I’m doing it correctly so we need that you show us how to replicate.

Thanks.

Well the problem is we have no idea how to replicate. It shouldn’t have been possible in the first place because the field is a dropdown field with preset values … so they shouldn’t have been able to enter a character or value that could not be accepted in the first place.

Hey @SirJJAnderson,

I should have made it clear that I’m not just referring to select fields but also the text fields. They are all part of the Form Content.

To help you with replicating, please duplicate your form then remove all the fields in it except the first field. You can then submit the form to check if it will break. Do this step for all fields.

Regretfully, since we can’t replicate also, we can’t do much but tell the possible cause and that’s invalid characters in the form.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

The bad text is showing in the Select Quantity field in the notification emails we receive (see below, just got another one today) so not sure how an invalid character in another field would be the cause of the issue?

Also, removing fields one by one and testing the form isn’t going to help because I know that all of these fields work correctly in that we’ve received submissions with all filled out correctly.

Since neither of us knows for sure what is causing the error and therefore cannot replicate, can you reach out to the plugin developer to assist? Perhaps he/she has seen this before.

If you think the invalid character thing is likely, give me a few examples of invalid characters and I can run a few test submissions to see if it can in fact be replicated.

Hello @SirJJAnderson,

I have tested your form and I am not getting any issue.

I would recommend that you review the input that you have made in testing your form.

What do you mean by “review the input that you have made in testing your form”?

As I have stated before:

Since neither of us knows for sure what is causing the error and therefore cannot replicate, can you reach out to the plugin developer to assist? Perhaps he/she has seen this before.

If you think the invalid character thing is likely, give me a few examples of invalid characters and I can run a few test submissions to see if it can in fact be replicated.

Hey @SirJJAnderson,

Try symbols like ; and non-ASCII characters like this ф.

We can forward this issue to the E&P Form Builder plugin developer however, it is not possible that they provide support here in our forum. If you want direct help from them, you need to purchase an E&P Form Builder license directly from the developer.

If we report this issue, it might take some time as this will be queued to be forwarded.

Thanks.

I just submitted a test with both the ; and ф in all of the open text fields and the form worked just fine.

If it helps at all, here are the submission reference numbers for the errors to date: 2304, 2312, 2371, 2390

The only similarity I’ve noticed is that all have a size selection of 2.0 x 3.5.

Something else that is really odd… the email address of the lead is actually recorded in the orders list, but does not appear in the form submission email. This makes me believe that the form itself was submitted correctly, but something is happening on the plugin side to deliver us an incomplete submission.

This is happening more frequently (got 1 yesterday and today) we really need to figure this out. I’ve talked to the plugin developer about another issue before and they told me that their agreement with you is that you provide support for issues like this. But from your responses it seems you are unable to troubleshoot?

If you cannot, please do contact the developer and keep me updated on the status of their response. This is impacting our business as we are not getting valuable lead data.

Hey @SirJJAnderson,

Yes, we provide the support but that does not include fixing a bug in the plugin in case we discover one. It’s the developer’s responsibility to do that. We can just report as we are not the developers of the plugin.

And in line with reporting, we are unable to troubleshoot as we cannot replicate the issue on our end therefore we don’t have evidence to show the E&P developers. If we cannot replicate the issue, we can only speculate what the cause is and we provided that.

If this is impacting your business and you wish immediate response from the plugin developers, you will need to buy a license from them. If you don’t do that, the plugin developer will refer you to us and that is fine if you can wait.

I’ll post this issue in our tracker now per your request so it will be queued to be forwarded to the E&P plugin developer.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Okay, any idea how long it will take for said queue to be forwarded and then for them to respond?

Hey @SirJJAnderson,

Regretfully, we can’t provide a time estimate as lined up before this issue are bugs with the other plugins bundled in our theme.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.