Dynamic Page Titles Not Appearing in Header on Event Pages

Actually there seems to be two issues I’m having with headers on one of my websites.

For event pages I’m using the dynamic titles as events are always being added to the site and want it to display the title based on whatever event the user clicks to view. It shows up just fine in the editor but nowhere on the front end, whether on desktop, laptop, or mobile.

Also, the headers that I’ve designed for my categories pages aren’t even showing up at all, even after having assigned them properly with priority and all. I’ve tried changing the priority a few times with the same results. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here:

Front End:

Category page header:

Front End Category Page: (I don’t know why this page is displaying this as there’s no other header assigned to it)

Hello @ConjuringMind,

Thanks for writing in! We cannot log in to your site because it asked for 2FA code.

Meanwhile, please be advised that the {{dc:post:title}} dynamic content will only work for singular pages (post or page). You cannot use this to display Archive page title or Category names. You will need to use other dynamic content related to the Term or Category.

Just update the WP credentials so that we can fully check your custom header and layout settings.

Best Regards.

So sorry about that. I’ve turned off 2FA so you should be able to log in now using the credentials in the secure note.

Hey @ConjuringMind,

2FA is still activated in your site.

So sorry Christian! I sent the wrong login url! Don’t know where my brain is today. See secure note.

Hello @ConjuringMind,

Thanks for updating the access information.

I have investigated your custom header and it seems that another custom header is overriding this header. Simply update the Priority number to -1 instead.

Best Regards.

I just tried this (again) and it still doesn’t change anything. In fact, I’ve played around with setting different priority levels for each header to see if that would make a difference and it hasn’t. Not sure what is happening here. Also, as far as the other issue goes, I can’t seem to get the new header to work on the front end even after assigning it.

Hey @ConjuringMind,

I check the header and the page title is now working fine on the specific event page. On the other hand, you need to a condition so that the header will display on the event category page. Something like this one:

Hope that helps.

Yes, that does help. Thank you. I just still cannot figure out why the events category page header is still showing the wrong header. The header for single events shows up like it should, but not the one for the “comedy clubs” category page. I just get this all white page as I’ve shown before. So I trashed the events category header I created thinking this may help display the one with the added condition but it didn’t work.

Hey @ConjuringMind,

It looks like there’s a bug in MEC. The Header that’ll work is the one assigned for the Entire Site. And with regards to the layout, it looks like MEC does not allow overriding of its category display.

So for now, you need to create a Header and assign it to the Entire Site. I’ll lost the layout issue in our tracker so it’ll be queued to be forwarded to MEC developers.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

That’s quite alright! I apologize for the slow response as I’ve been tackling another project.

That makes sense. I was of the mind that something peculiar was happening but just didn’t know what exactly. Thanks for taking a look at it and letting me know. I’ll create and assign a new header to the entire site and prioritize it accordingly.

You are most welcome @ConjuringMind

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.