Duplicate Google Analytics Code

I tried searching for an answer, but could not find an answer.

I accidentally added another instance of the Google Analytics tracking code to my website. I did it using the plugin, “Insert Headers & Footers”.

The first time I did it, I’m pretty sure I just added a meta tag. The second time, which was just a few days ago, I added it using the Tracking code.

How do I find the duplicate entry and delete it? I have searched everywhere and have not found a way.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

The only way to find out is to check the source code directly, then determine its position if relative to any plugin or templates, or maybe using custom codes. There is no guaranteed answer since it’s different from site to site depending on who implemented it.

Please provide your site’s URL and login credentials in a secure note then I’ll check, if I can’t provide a solution then at least I can recommend the better direction :wink:

Thanks.