Dropdown menus and hamburger do not open on posts

When hovering over menus on pages, they expand. But on posts, they do not, and clicking also has no effect. The same problem is happening for the hamburger on mobile (just on posts) and the search icon.

What could be blocking?
I’m updated to 9.1.4 x-theme which is the latest version at time of writing.
Wordpress 5.8.2

You can experience the issue on the staging site here (post):

And on pages (where it does work):

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Hi @tjw101,

Thanks for reaching out.
There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshooting the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache
7.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: I would suggest you deactivate especially the cache and minification plugins and check once by clearing all types of cache including the Style Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear Style Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

It’s 100% a theme issue. I’m on the latest version 9.1.4
I tested with WP 2021 theme and the problem resolved immediately.
Child theme and standard x-theme both have the issue. So assuming it is the main theme, not child, causing the issue.

Hopefully you can find a solution. Thanks!

Hello @tjw101,

Can you please provide us access to your staging site? We will do the troubleshooting in your staging site. In the meantime, temporarily switch to the parent theme and deactivate the Breeze cache plugin while we are testing.

Thank you.

Hi @tjw101,

I went ahead and deactivated all the plugins except the Cornerstone, and found the Hamburger menu is working. It seems that one of the plugins is responsible for your issue, I would suggest you activate the plugins one by one and check if the issue is back. The last plugin activated before the issue back is the reason behind it.

If you discover that an issue is coming from a 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks for this. We identified the issue. Asset Cleanup plugin was set to remove some scripts that cornerstone loaded on posts (to speed up the site a bit), as I don’t actually use cornerstone, only x-theme. Not a problem for a long time, but with 9.1.4 obviously it was an issue. It’s a little frustrating that x-theme is not standalone, but it is what it is I guess.

Thanks again!

Hi @tjw101,

Glad that you are able to find the actual reason behind it. And you don’t need to install the Cornerstone in order to use the X.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.