Dropdown menu on desktop

Hi Team!

I’ve almost achieved the look of my menu, but I need a little help for the desktop version.
We have chosen the Integrity stack, with a fixed left menu.
I would like my menu and sub-menu to behave as following on desktop :

  • Click on a menu item opens the sub-menu list and let it open. Currently it works on mouse hover and the sub-menu panel disappear when the mouse is out.
  • When clicking on a sub-menu link, keeping the sub-menu panel open (I’ve modified the CSS so the color of the active sub-menu is different)
  • When clicking on an other main item of the menu, the former sub-menu list is closing and the new one is opens.

I also have a strange behavior on my menu (only on the desktop version)
The last menu item disappears when clicking on the before last menu item, and I have no idea why…

Thanks for your help!

Hi There!

Thanks for asking!

Unfortunatly above feature is some thing need custom development, which is out of our theme support scope.

I also have a strange behavior on my menu (only on the desktop version)
The last menu item disappears when clicking on the before last menu item, and I have no idea why…

For this above issue, I couldn’t able to replicate. Can you please help us with a screencast video so that we can understand what exactly you are facing.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for your answers.

Please find herewith some screenshots describing the problem (replicate with several versions of Chrome on PC and Mac and with Safari)




I hope it will help !

For my other problem, I’m surprised that it is out of the scope, because I’ve seen several threads with Javascript or CSS modification proposals for the menu behavior. I may have not explained well what I’m trying to achieve… I just need my sub-menu to stay visible on click instead of hover.

Have a nice day !

Hello There,

Thanks for getting back to us. I have logged in and check your site. I could not replicate your screenshot. This is only what I am seeing in my browser:

I’ve taken a closer at your page and I see JS error occurred. This could caused an issue or might cause some future issues with the theme’s features and functions. Please check out your custom JS code and see to it that it is valid and correct.

Once the JS error will be remove, we can continue to check for your other issues.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.